ICQ

Mind is Energy Mind is Energy

Even though this genre is not my cup of tea, surprisingly I enjoyed it. The intro was a bit slow, but once it got to the beat, it reminded me of an old videogame - Scrapland. In the end I thought to myself, why is it so short?

With some more progression, this would be a solid piece!

Barkenadem - Achaemenid Empire Barkenadem - Achaemenid Empire

In the beginning the snare sound is a bit too loud, oversnapping the rest. But after the 'drop' it gets better, enjoyable. I must say even tho I'm not fan of this type of music, this really works. Good job man! Keep it up

Barkenadem responds:

Thank you for this honest review, I gladly appreciate it! Will check your tips for the future.

Onslaught (Trapstep) Onslaught (Trapstep)

Not really my style, but cool anyway. Enjoyable!

GaloFrito responds:

Thank you!

Summit Summit

Pretty good. Nice atmosphere, could actually picture it in some sci-fi videogame. Not sure what happened on 0:55, the jump and then slow fade in, an experiment, I guess. If you'd take more time, make it longer and a bit more variable, it would deserve the 5th star!

I'm scouting you.

T7ven responds:

The best kind of people on Newgrounds are the kind that can criticize withing crushing the author's dreams. Thanks. (No sarcasm)

Lift-Off (The Traveler, Pt I) Lift-Off (The Traveler, Pt I)

Wow. Just wow. Once I saw that it's 9 minutes long, I was a bit scared. But damn, it went out more than ok! The atmosphere is solid, everything fits perfectly. I must say I love the snare sound. And the bass is really funky, great!

Just one thing maybe, and that's timing. Sometimes it's not quite perfect, but only sometimes. Not a major problem and it could be solved just by some more time in post-production.

Well done!

(F) _Torragus_ (F) _Torragus_

Wow. I could really picture this in some dark sci-fi videogame. I like how it gets more intense over time and then falls back to being creepy. Maybe you could throw in a few sound effects, like machinery, some metal banging, something like that. But decently, just to spice up the atmosphere.

Good job!

Fubaka responds:

When I make an ambient song, I always walk a precarious line on whether it is too noisy, or not noisy enough. Usually I fall on the more minimalist side, because the pads and instruments I use tend to have a lot of subtleties that tend to slip by the ears the first few times.

In the case of this song specifically, it already pushes the threshold for how much dB a song can have before it starts to clip and crackle too much, and adding more effects would either push it over that limit, or just end up getting drowned out by the instruments. Either way, I felt it would be unnecessary.

Thanks for reviewing!

Orange sky Orange sky

That was actually pretty damn good! I love the dynamics. Maybe work on it a bit longer, clean up some unwanted notes, watch the tempo, make it longer and voilá! You got yourself some damn good music. Nice!

Azhthar responds:

Thanks a lot glad you like it! Actually I wasn´t so shure about the dynamics because it´s quite rough in this track. Yep, you´re right sometimes it could have been a bit tighter... I maybe work on it again when I find time...

The Rite The Rite

Not bad at all! As you've put, I could easily see this as a soundtrack. The only thing I didn't like was the woman chanting. Maybe let her volume a bit down, put some echo over her voice, something like that.
Overall, very nice!

Azhthar responds:

Glad you like it! I reduced the volume of the singer and gave her a bit more room like you suggested. Also I spent some time to improve the mix a bit in general. I think it´s a bit more clear now.

Blade Blade

Not bad. Not bad at all. Robotic, futuristic. I've got nothing more to say. Just, good work!

Impact(E-city Remix) Impact(E-city Remix)

As a not fan of this type of music, I must say it was pretty good. But for me a bit too much agressive, how the dynamics were jumping all the time. I could imagine this playing at a club of some sort. Good 'rave' material, just a bit too much bouncy for my style. I liked the bit at the last minute, it was calmer and I could enjoy the melody a bit more.

Ectisity responds:

Glad you liked it even though it isn't your style.
I personally love agressive music styles X3.
But it's the variety of styles and opinilns that make music awesome :D.

Thx for the review.